This jailbreak is very simple with one click solution (if you follow the step properly). Let's review what is the compatible devices and requirement before we proceed.
- iPhone 3GS | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- iPhone 4 | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- iPhone 4S | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 6.1.1
- iPhone 5 | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- iPod touch 4G | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- iPod touch 5G | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- iPad 2 | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- The New iPad (third generation) | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- iPad With Retina Display (fourth generation) | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- iPad Mini | 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- If you are upgrading to iOS 6, please make sure do not use OTA upgrade. You need to backup your data to iTunes and use iTunes to restore the iOS 6 to your devices
- Make sure you disable your device passcode lock
Let's get start:
Step 1. Download evasi0n jailbreak tool here
Step 2. Unzip the jailbreak tool and run it
Step 3. Connect your iDevices to your computer (please make sure you have only one iDevices connect at the time)
Step 4. The "Jailbreak" button to become enable, click on "Jailbreak"
Step 5. Wait for the jailbreak process (Do you touch your computer or phone for safety)
Step 6. Your device will reboot itself until your see the follow message appear from the jailbreak tool
Step 7. Unlock your device and look for evasi0n icon (named Jailbreak) as below
Step 8. Tap on the icon, your home screen will flash with black and back to normal (this is the normal process, do not press anything after that, just wait for the process to run)
Step 9. You device will reboot itself again
Step 10. You should see a evasi0n startup screen from your device
Step 11. Wait the process to complete by itself
Step 12. After your device reboot, you should see cydia icon at your home screen <- The jailbreak is done.
My jailbreak stuck at (step 10) saying "Initializing offsets", "Finding offsets", "patching kernel", or "cleaning up" for more than 10 minutes already, what should I do.
- This is normal due to the natioin of jailbreak exploit that used by hacker, to solve this problem simply do a hard reboot (hold Power and Home buttons for 10-15 seconds until the iDevice restarts) then rerun the process again
After jailbreak my weather app cannot open, it crash everytime I open.
This is a minor bug from the jailbreak, the hacker is already working on a fix. They will push to cydia once the solution is ready so do not worry
- The hacker "Planetbeing" already push an updated package to Cydia, you can update it via Cydia and reboot your iPhone to solve this problem. If you still having the weather issue after update, please check do you have "AppSync" installed because this tweak also cause the weather app crash, simply uninstall AppSync and reboot your iPhone to solve the problem. If you need AppSync and also Weather then please install a 3rd party weather app to match your choice.
After jailbreak, everytime I reboot my iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, it stuck at the Apple logo for more than 5 minutes, what should I do?
Do not worry, this is a common problem with evasi0n jailbreak, simply do a hard reboot (hold Power and Home buttons for 10-15 seconds until the iDevice restarts), your device should start normally at second boot. If not, try to do a hard reboot again. We ever hard reboot up to 5 times for the device to boot up :)
- Hacker "Planetbeing" had also push an updated package to Cydia, simply update the package and this problem will be solved.